- Patrick Redmond attended the 2013 Yale Writers' Conference, Yale College, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut.
- Redmond, Patrick M., M.A. "Letter to the Editor," "March/April 2013," GD USA [Graphic Design: USA], March/April 2013, Vol. 49, No. 2, p. 8. Note: Patrick Redmond's letter suggests an expansion of the New York-based, national trade magazine's list of "influential graphic designers, art directors, and/or design educators over the past 50 years" to be more comprehensive, including at least 1,000 names.
- Redmond, Patrick.
"Letter to the Editor," in "Letters," Dwell, April 2013, Vol. 13, No. 5, p. 22. Note: Patrick Redmond's letter, edited by the editor, makes reference to Balthazar Korab's photographs of the Eero Saarinen-designed Milwaukee County War Memorial and Milwaukee Art Center, later known as the Milwaukee Art Museum. Patrick Redmond attended Children's Art Program classes in the Milwaukee Art Center during the early 1960s.
- Color in Design and the Applied Arts, A Selective Annotated Bibliography
by Professor Emerita Marian-Ortolf Bagley and Barbara Ann Caron may be viewed online. Professor Marian-Ortolf Bagley was co-advisor, with Professor Eugene Larkin, for Patrick Redmond’s Master of Arts degree program at the University of Minnesota. She is one of Patrick’s mentors. Her mentorship related to design bibliographic citations and reference, for example, has been appreciated. During the 1980’s, various graduate students had provided numerous annotated bibliographic entries for early versions of this project. For example, as a graduate student in the 1980’s, under Professor Marian-Ortolf Bagley’s direction, Patrick had provided preliminary, annotated bibliographic research in the Graphic Design, Advertising, and Packaging categories for what has become "Color in Design and the Applied Arts."
- Patrick Redmond, Patrick Redmond Design, received a Merit Award in the "Self Promotion: Poster" category in the Advertising Federation of Minnesota's "The Show" 2012, November 9, 2012. A color image of his Merit Award-winning work appears in The Show 2012 catalog (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Advertising Federation of Minnesota, November 2012), item B, p. 63. For further information, contact AdFed. The Advertising Federation of Minnesota is a member club of the American Advertising Federation (AAF.org).
- Patrick Redmond Design received a "2012 American Graphic Design Award" – for a poster titled "An Upper Midwestern Graphic Designer's Select Bibliography" – from New York-based Graphic Design: USA magazine. For nearly five decades, Graphic Design USA has sponsored this national competition, according to GD: USA, "receiving more than 8,000+ entries" this year... "of these, a highly selective 15 percent are recognized with an awards certificate." See “American Graphic Design Awards," GD: USA, Graphic Design USA, The News Magazine for Creative Professionals, November/December 2012, Vol. 48, No. 9, p. 22 (“Patrick Redmond Design” listed); award-winning work, p. 211. The award-winning work may also be seen online at www.gdusa.com.
- Patrick Redmond led the initiative to include a list of AIGA Minnesota past Chairmen and Presidents, and years of their respective terms, under "About" at the AIGA Minnesota website. The list, a result of his efforts and other members of AIGA Minnesota, also includes the period when the organization was known as MGDA, the Minnesota Graphic Designers Association. The preliminary version of this list, a work in progress, may be seen at AIGA Minnesota's website under "About", Past Presidents. See further information about this initiative at Patrick Redmond Design News & Updates, 07.31.12.
- Patrick Redmond included in "People" section of New York-based, national publication GD USA [Graphic Design: USA],"The News Magazine for Creative Professionals," April 2012, Vol. 48, No. 3, p. 35. This may also be seen online at www.gdusa.com.
- April 11, 1970, Patrick Redmond met John Cage at the Macalester College, Saint Paul, Minnesota "Musicircus". Redmond had studied Cage's book Silence which was required reading at the time at the Minneapolis School of Art (now known as MCAD), where Redmond was a second-year student in 1970. Cage's ideas were among many influences in Patrick Redmond's development as a creative. New-music ensemble Zeitgeist presented concerts of Cage's music in celebration of the 100th anniversary of Cage's birth. See zeitgeistnewmusic.org for further information. Note: Patrick Redmond and Patrick Redmond Design are not affiliated with ZeitgeistNewMusic.org, Macalester College, or the late John Cage.